Choose from Six Available Speaking Engagement Topics…
Charles Van Rysselberge…a forty year veteran in Chamber of Commerce management, is a public speaker on topics of importance to leaders and officials, who wish to make a difference in their community and region, by making a dramatic move to the next level, that is worthy of national recognition! Charles has held leadership roles in some of the most successful cities and challenging times in America, that have earned significant national recognition in their achievements…such as…Atlanta, GA, Charleston, SC, Chattanooga, TN, Dalton, GA, Greenville, SC, Monroe, LA, Oklahoma City, OK, and Shreveport, LA!
Who should have an interest in hearing him speak?
Community and State Leadership Program Participants and Alumni, Community/Regional Leaders, Emerging Leaders, Elected Officials, Non-Profits, etc. who wish to make a positive impact where they live and work!
The Speech Topics:
Charles is available to speak on topics of his real life experiences…that are pertinent to the numerous contemporary issues and opportunities facing American cities and regions today. These presentations can be a 30 minute speech or a 90 minute workshop, with take-away benefits and materials:
1. Leadership Examples & Strategic Plans to Advance Your Community with a Quantum Leap: (Hear what Committed Leadership can do for real impact!)
- How leaders are using “Strategic Doing” to get to first base with the quickness of a bunt:
- How Atlanta won the bid for the 1996 Summer Olympic Games…the first time it tried:
- The Renaissance of Oklahoma City…a Cinderella Story…in 2012, unemployment was 4.8%:
- A 68 year Leadership Commitment re-created a Barge Traffic Port for Shreveport, LA:
- The Economic Diversification story of a single industry town in Dalton, GA (Carpet Capital):
2. CEO Lessons Learned…from the Giants in the Chamber/Association Management Field: (Hear what 12 Super Star CEOs have to say!)
- Sharing of Tips from both Retired and Active Duty Chamber and Association Executives who have been the leaders and pioneers in this field of work, for decades and current day as well.
- Challenges and everyday opportunities that Organization Executives face regularly.
- Assessment of one’s career stage and growth opportunities and strategies as a way to get to where you want to be.
3. Effective Advocacy and Alliance/Coalition Building to achieve Public/Private Partnership success: (Hear about a Model that has lasted 20+ years!)
- Developing Political Coalitions and Alliances to accomplish goals and succeed
- Building an Endorsement Strategy for Candidates running for public office, that will with stand criticism.
- Advancing your Legislative Agenda, using Political Action Committees, securing active Board support for Advocacy, beyond just passing resolutions.
4. The Why and How regarding Business Continuity Planning and Crisis Management: (Hear about the preparation challenges that await you!)
- Hurricane Hugo that hit the shores of Charleston, SC in 1989:
- The 1995 Bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, OK:
- The F-5 Tornado of 1999, in Oklahoma County, OK:
- Having a “Business Continuity Plan” & “ Crisis Management Plan” is essential in these times:
- On average, 25% of businesses will not recover from a natural or manmade disaster
5. How to successfully pass a Public Ballot (sales tax/bond referendum) Initiative…and do it the first time: (Hear what must happen to succeed!)
- Chambers, Cities, and Counties often seem to struggle with the passage of public ballot initiatives… the first time! What a waste of time and money! Get it right the first time!
- There should not be a need to do a campaign more than once for the same issue!
- These efforts should be privately led and publicly supported…not the other way around!
6. The Making of a Five Star Chamber of Commerce: (Be in the Top 1%!!!)
- Charleston (SC) Metro Chamber, won Five Star Accreditation status in 2005 & again in 2011… also, CMCC was named 1 of 3 finalists by ACCE for “Chamber of the Year” honors in 2007.
- The Chamber should be “the Business model,” for your community. It should be an organization that meets needs vs. an organization that has needs!
- The role of an Opportunity Fund, and how it sets your Chamber apart from other local organizations! How “Budget Assumption Planning” is a key step for financial success!